|The deadline for abstract submission is: Monday, June 01, 2020
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: Monday, July 20, 2020
- Instructions for abstract submission
- Main Areas
- Important Information
- Instructions for abstract preparation
- Instructions for Approved Abstracts - Oral Presentation
- Instruções aos trabalhos aprovados para a modalidade Pôster Impresso
- Dates Exposure of Posters
Instructions for abstract submission
To submit a paper, proceed as follows:
1) To submit the paper(s) it’s necessary that the author submitting the abstract must be registered at the event. Payment is required upon registration to enable the submission of your abstract. Other authors who register at the congress should not send the same abstract already registered;
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area (MY ACCOUNT MENU) with the username and password that you have informed during registration. New menus will be displayed.
3) Click on “My Abstracts” Menu.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form.
5) Before submitting the abstract, please review it carefully. Any changes will be allowed only until the final submission deadline.
* The submitter author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to scientific paper will be sent only to this author by the registered e-mail and he / she should be in charge of passing on to the coauthors;
6) Choose the type of presentation – Oral presentation OR Poster Presentation.
7) After submitting abstracts, click "Log out".
8) After submitting the abstract, the person in charge for the presentation (who made the submission) will receive an email confirming the information provided. Check if all the information is correct. If there is anything wrong, log in again and make the necessary changes (up to the deadline for submission of abstracts – see Important Information).
9) If you do not receive the automatic email confirming the submission on the same day, the abstract was not sent correctly. In this case, send an email to email@example.com reporting what happened and what problem you had. Remember to check the SPAM box.
10) To access the event website again, just use your username and password at MY ACCOUNT menu. In case you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
Main Areas» Neuro Imaging
» Oncologic Neurology
» Palliative care
» Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• The ABSTRACTS must be submitted only in English; papers submitted in other languages won’t be considered. It is essential that it is grammatically correct, otherwise it may be refused.
• The deadline for abstract submission is: 01/06/2020
• In order to receive the certificate of your abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have attended the event.
• There is no limit of abstracts submitted by the author;
• There is no limit of authors included per abstract. Please list the authors in the desired order;
IMPORTANT: The submitter/presenter also has to include himself/herself in the list of authors!
• On 20/07/2020, abstract acceptance will be published in the “My Abstracts” link of the submission site (author log in).
• Presentation should be made by the indicated author when the abstract is submitted. If this is not possible, another author previously registered must be present, as long as he/she registered in the event and have paid the registration fee.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
• Only one certificate will be issued per presented abstract. Certificates are issued following the order in which authors were registered.
• Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
• The main author can choose the modality of abstract presentation. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• The final decision of the Scientific Committee on presentation modality is considered supreme and irrevocable and shall not be questioned.
• By submitting the papers, the authors assume compliance with the laws and ethical standards that govern research with humans and animals, including the approval of the Research Ethics and Clinical Research Ethics Committees in Animals.
• The Organizing Committee of the Congress won’t be responsible for the costs of registration, transportation, accommodation or other costs generated to presentations in any modality.
• The submission of the summary represents a commitment of the author (s) to present the work, if accepted, during the event.
Instructions for abstract preparation
• The title should be concise and reflect the study to be presented. Limit of 250 characters for the title.
• The abstract text should not exceed 2500 characters with spaces (does not include title and authorship / affiliation).
• The abstract should be structured in an objective and concise way, providing essential information under each title. Suggested titles: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion;
• Case reports should be structured in: Case Presentation, Discussion and Final Comments. Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience between professionals, Scientific Committee recommends being sent only reports of common cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• The use of graph or table will not be allowed in the submission of abstracts, although such resources may be used in the formatting of presentations;
• All the instructions above also apply to poster submissions also;
• Bibliographic references should not be included in the electronic submission. It is suggested that the authors refrain from using abbreviations.
• Results based on statements such as "results will be presented" and "data will be analyzed" will not be considered. These should be explained as clearly as possible and the conclusions should be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors should write at least the preliminary results, if it is an ongoing study, for example.
• Case reports without clear originality and relevance that justify their presentation will not be accepted. Also, only literature review will be rejected.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Instructions for Approved Abstracts - Oral Presentation
Presentation time is 08 minutes. After the presentation, there will be allowed 02 minutes for discussion and possible questions from jury and guests. If none of the authors attend the event, the presentation will be canceled, and the certificate will not be issued.
The presentation must be prepared in Power Point slides (Windows) and needs to be handed in at the Media Desk at least 2 hours before the session starts, in order to upload the document to the media system.
Information about day and time of the presentation will be available in the restricted area of the submitting author and previously stipulated in the scientific program of the congress.
Instruções aos trabalhos aprovados para a modalidade Pôster Impresso
Guidelines to print the poster:
• Measurements: 90cm (width) x 120 cm (height);
- The posters must be fixed in the place determined by the organizing committee, in day and hour predetermined.
- Bring lanyard or tape to fix the poster, we do not provide any equipment at the poster area;
- The panel number of the poster is available in the restricted area of the submitting author in the "Display" field. The panel number indicates the place where to fix the poster during the Congress.
- The Scientific Committee will designate the Evaluation Committee that will visit the abstracts and it’s necessary the presence of one of the authors at the specified time for the presentation.
- The posters not removed within the determined time by the organization will be thrown away.
- The making of the printed poster is the responsibility of the author who will exhibit the work during the event.
Presentation time: 10 minutes.
At least one of the authors must be next to your poster to presentation. In the absence of the presenter, one of the registered authors can present.
Dates Exposure of Posters
Soon. Authors will also receive specific instructions by email and restricted area - from the My Abstracts menu.
• SNOLA 2020 Best Oral Presentation is US$ 2000;
• SNOLA 2020 Best Poster is US$ 1500;
• SNOLA 2020 International Award - Package with registration and accommodation for the best work submitted (valid only for non-Latin American participants);
• SNOLA 2020 Award for Best Palliative Care Work is US$ 1500;
ATTENTION!! There will be a session at the end of the congress to deliver the awards. If any representative of the work is not present, he/she isn't awarded and the prize goes to the second place and so on, if there is no representative of the respective works for delivery.
All approved papers will be published on the Congress website.
After the end of Congress, the certificates of approved abstracts will be available to the author responsible for submitting on the site. To print or download it, you must access the "Certificates" area, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered e-mail and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey".
Important: the certificates will be not sent directly by email.
• Only one certificate will be issued per abstract. They will be printed following the registered order of authors.
• At least one of the authors must be registered and has attended the congress to receive the certificate later.
• If the author responsible for submitting the abstract hasn’t attended the event, one of the coauthors (who attended and exhibited the paper) may request the transfer of the certificate through the Help Desk menu.